Thursday, October 21, 2010

Little Mountain Traveler


Small Mountain's pendant came together this morning. I designed it especially for him adding beads of sentiment. He loves turquoise so that was a no brainer. The pendant is a Koroit Opal, cut, polished and purchased from fellow Etsy artisan Keith Cler (cutforyou.) It's wire wrapped in different gauges of copper that I antiqued. If you look real close you will see a Carnelian chip taken from one of my Mom's broken necklaces that she sent to me to upcycle. It's surrounded by coils on the bottom left of the pendant. I also added a solo Peridot chip that I placed near the clasp, my Brother Bill's birthstone. Bill passed away in June. You can click on the photo to see it enlarged. The periodot chip is on the top right.

While Al wears his pendant he will have a small piece of my Mom and Bill to carry with him.

Here is the finished piece.

No comments: