Sunday, October 10, 2010

Koroit Opals


Another great find! I was on a hunt for Boulder Opals and checked out my usual sources but I just didn't see anything that caught my eye or the prices were so out of line it was unreal. I was just about ready to give up when I decided to check out Etsy and lo and behold I found a couple of Koroit Opals that I just had to have. Both of these Boulder Opals were cut and polished by fellow Etsy Artisan and gemologist Keith Cler, who's fascinating gemstones can be found at cutforyou.

I wire wrapped both of the Opals in gold filled wire and although the oblong stone has a very unique design and more flash, my personal favorite is the triangular piece. I love the color, the shape, and the way the finished piece looks. I had a "coffee date" last Friday and I wore this pendant and my Ammolite wire wrapped bracelet. I got a lot of compliments on both of them. Even I had to admit, I was styling. :)

Here is a picture of some of the pieces that I worked on during the week. the two pendants on the right are the finished pendants with the Koroit Opals. Click on the photo to see enlargement. You will have to excuse the picture. On rainy, gloomy days, indoor shots with the flash do not do the jewelry pieces justice.

No comments: