Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Harley's Debut


Sock monkey's are fun, without a doubt, but I wanted to make a sock critter that was unique and more geared towards the animals that you would see up here in the north country. We don't see a lot of monkey's swinging from the trees around here... perhaps it's the lack of bananas?

I've must admit, I've been intrigued with moose, ever since that one spent the night in my backyard last winter. I even made a polymer clay moose sculpture (pic is on my Flickr page.) I got a wild hair and decided I'd try my hand at making a sock moosie. Here is my finished project. I am sure it will get altered a bit here and there as I make more, but all in all I think he turned out pretty cute for my first attempt (and without a pattern even!)

Thank goodness the dollar store got in a new shipment of the black and red heel boot socks. I have a feeling I will be using up a bunch of them over the next few weeks, rofl.

I named the moose Harley. I have all good intentions of making him a black leather vest. He looked like a "biker type" of dude moose to me. Funny the pictures that we get in our head as we are creating.

Be sure you check back for blog updates and more North Country sock critters. Hey, I'm on a roll! ROFL. Need I say any more? Harley is currently for sale at my Etsy store.

Ciao

No comments: