Friday, July 3, 2009

Wire wrapped Peruvian Blue Opal


Although I am pleased with the finished piece, I have to tell you that this bracelet was one of those pieces that gave me fits. I don't know how many times I reworked setting the stone. Perhaps the problem was the size of the nugget, or the fact that it was my last piece of Peruvian Blue Opal. I LOVE Peruvian Blue Opal and the look had to be just right.

I finished the setting off by adding Fire Agate rondelles. The gemstones on the sides are Crazy Horse Jasper. It is wrapped in Sterling Silver.

This is one of those pieces that will more than likely be a keeper. Some stones were just meant to stay with you. This is one of them. ;-)

1 comment:

Jo Ann Gallagher said...

You know I am a huge fan of your work, girl and you really outdid yourself this time! Your creativity astounds me! You will be the next "Cougar", only better! Love you, my friend!