Wednesday, June 24, 2009

All in a day........ or two!


What a day! Well actually the past 24 hours have been FUN! It started when I took my weekly trip to town to stop by Harvest Health foods, Harmony Healing, and Turtle beads. I make my rounds and stop in to see the girls and see if I have had any "sales." I gifted Robin (Harvest Health foods) a pair of sea glass earrings, which she loved. I gifted Gloria (Harmony Healing) a gold filigree heart with a piece of "blue lace agate" in it, since that is her mystical birthstone. She broke the clasp on her gold chain and asked me if I could fix it for her so I gathered it up, telling her I would bring it back to her the next day (today.) From Gloria's I headed to Turtle Beads to see Liza. I dropped off the sea glass jewelry that was going on display in the front window. Liza was ooh'ing and ah'ing over my wire wrapped pendants when one of her customers (Ron) came in and saw my Lapis pendants. He BOUGHT one of them on the spot... wooohooo!

Then he asked me if I could wire wrap one of his AA coins for him. I was honored and told him "Of course," adding I would bring it back in a day or so. Then Liza and I headed across the street and did the girlie lunch (my treat) because after all, I did get a sale, you know.

Yesterday afternoon I wire wrapped Ron's coin and I just was NOT happy with the silver wire wrapping that he wanted but put it aside and went to bed.... I was beat. It was a busy day. This morning there that coin lay, staring up at me, rofl. As I drank my coffee I picked it up and rubbed it between my fingers. I cut off the wire and decided I was going to tackle it again, this time using a combination of brass and sterling silver, which is what I wanted to do in the first place since the coin was brass.

Here is the finished project. I was pleased with how it turned out. I put it on a brass chain and delivered it to him today. He liked it, saying "that really turned out nice." And as we all sat there in the restaurant (yes, Liza and I did lunch again today... her treat) Ron put it on immediately, showing off his AA coin with pride. Congrats on 7 years of continued sobriety Ron!!!!! Way to go!

And.... it was another good day!

No comments: